Student visas

student visas

As a rule, if you plan to study for more than 3 months in Australia, you need to get a student visa.


If you are on a student visa you are able to work for up to 40 hours per fortnight and unlimited hours on school holidays while you study. One of the main benefits, however is that upon completing your study in Australia you may be eligible to apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa if you meet requirements.*

Temporary Graduate Visa allows you to remain in Australia after you either:
– Graduated with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) or
– Completed Bachelor, Master or Doctorate’s degree in any field of study.

Applicants for a Temporary Graduate Visa will be eligible to remain for a period between 18 months and 4 years and seek professional employment in Australia to gain valuable work experience.

*This is a general information only. Individual circumstances of each applicant must be considered before applying for a Temporary Graduate Visa. For further questions email to