How to immigrate to Australia

There is number of options for those who qualify for migrating as a Skilled Migrant. For example, Employer Nomination Scheme(ENS) and Skilled Independent visa. ENS is a permanent visa option that requires nomination and sponsorship by an Australian employer for a period of at least two years. Skilled Independent visa is a permanent visa option that allows you to settle anywhere in Australia. In order to be invited to apply for this visa you must achieve a minimum of 60 points.

As a general rule, when thinking about migrating as a Skilled Migrant it is very important to consider the following as a minimum:

Age – must not be over 50 years old
Occupation – occupation must be either on a Skilled Occupation List or (SOL) on a Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) in other words, the occupation must be in demand
Level of English – IELTS 5 in all four parts of the exam (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking) as a minimum but it is best to aim for the highest mark possible, for example IELTS 6 or 7.

For those who do not qualify at this stage there is a number of pathways which could be considered. For example, Student visa or 457 Temporary Work (Skilled) visa. I will be discussing those options in my future posts.